Re: New Acrobat announcement

Subject: Re: New Acrobat announcement
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 09:58:00 -0600

If any of you have Acrobat Player, would you please tell us what you
think about it? Same for the new version of Acrobat when it comes out.
TIA!

I'm quite firmly apathetic about it. It works, but doesn't seem obviously better
than other systems, such as Common Ground, for the most part.

The links are cute, and are occassionally used by documents. Most (about 85%) of
the PDF docs I've seen, though, are no different than reading from paper, except
that you have to sit in an office and stare at a screen to read them, rather
than curl up in a comfy chair.

Perhaps I'd have a different opinion if more people used other features of the
program, but so far I've only seen it as a paper doc replacement, and it's
decidedly inferior as that, having all the disadvantages of paper and none of
the advantages.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124