request for advice to repair damaged help file

Subject: request for advice to repair damaged help file
From: Dan Dornbrook <djd -at- SAFCO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 14:51:00 CDT

NOTE: Please DO NOT REPLY TO LIST on this posting. I have set list to
NOMAIL because my company's E-mail system is unbelievably unstable. PLEASE
REPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS: djd -at- safco -dot- com -dot- Thank you.

OK, here goes ...

I have a Windows help file, originally created in Help Magician but
successfully modified and re-released using Help Yourself 2.02 (hey, it was
75% off, and my bosses are cheap).

I have reopened and modified the same help file using Help Yourself 2.52
(the latest upgrade, which I bought after 2.02 gave me too many General
Protection Faults). However, I cannot get the file to compile in 2.52 --
so, obviously, I can't get it to run either (I get the blue screen and the
"cannot open help file" message). Whatever is blocking the compiling
process occurs so early in the process that I get no compiler error log; the
DOS window for the compile vanishes in about 1.5 seconds.

Any advice would be appreciated. Again, please reply directly to me (or
call the toll-free number below), not to the list. Thanks!

Dan Dornbrook (djd -at- safco -dot- com)
Da tekriter, SAFCO Corp. Electronic Systems Division (Cellular R Us?)
Chicago, IL, USA
1-800-843-7558 Ext. 2191