One-word oxymorons: the definitive list

Subject: One-word oxymorons: the definitive list
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 12:14:12 LCL

Marta Cepek asked for the list (to date) of one-word oxymorons. As the
initiator of this particular ball of wax, I've kept a running list of
anything I felt qualified. Here goes:

Tie for first place (my choices): monosyllabic, palindrome
Runners up: posthaste, prelate, naturalisation, nothing, everything,
onomatopeia, freeway, highway, parkway, someone, priceless, factoid.
Close enough to include: silence, noise, inflammable, infamous,
invaluable, irregardless

If I've missed any, please drop me a line. I'll keep the list up to
date. (I know, this doesn't quite run in the same league as Carol's
freelancer's list, or the list of references, but we do what we can!)

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: These comments are my own and don't represent the opinions
of the Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada.