Re: FWIW--Hypertext

Subject: Re: FWIW--Hypertext
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 10:47:26 -0400

I agree that some of the WWW docs use more links than required for the
amount of supplied information. I am sure it has to do with how the info. is
stored -- multiple files as opposed to one large file -- or they are using
node paragraph styles more often than they need to.
In some cases the multiple files may be useful for specific info., while
this may not be so in other instances.

For example, I was looking for a list of schools, and one URL broke
their list down by state. In my case, I wanted to print the entire list. To do
this, I spent more than two hours opening the link for each state and printing
out each page with one to three school listings! I am assuming the links were
to separate files, because I had to wait for each file to be downloaded!

If the links were within the same document, I could have printed the entire
list just one time, and if I wanted to, I could quickly jump to a specific
location within the document.

Laurie