Re: Win95 and WinHelp Buttons - Problem

Subject: Re: Win95 and WinHelp Buttons - Problem
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 14:05:50 CDT

> I am posting this problem for an intern working in our group. Please
> respond by posting to the newsgroup or by sending email to
> roger -dot- bell -at- clemsonsc -dot- attgis -dot- com -dot- Thanks in advance for any help.
> --------------------------------------
> After creating a helpfile in RoboHELP and generating the necessary ".CNT"
> files to integrate the helpfile into Win95, I get the error message,

> "Help cannot add the specified button. (1030)"

> The error message only appears once, and then the help file works fine.
> Because the helpfile retains the RoboHELP buttons instead of the Win95
> buttons, I was wondering whether the error message may be due to Win95
> trying to use its own buttons instead of RoboHELP's. Unfortunately, I am
> unable to remedy this problem. Please help.

I'm afraid I'm baffled, since I've never laid eyes on Windows 95. In fact, I
believe that this piece of vaporware has been seen only by computer journalists
and selected beta testers. Since the majority of the general public has no
experience with Windows 95, perhaps someone at Microsoft could be of
assistance?

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
15150 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77009 USA