Re: Fast saves - Word

Subject: Re: Fast saves - Word
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 10:32:00 -0600

I've read several times on this list not to use fast saves with Word, and
it puzzles me. Almost the only time I've had "out of memory" problems
with Word 6.0 is when I've had the fast save option turned *off*. With
fast save on, I almost never encounter the problem. (I also like fast
save because I find it tedious waiting for the full save every time.) To
avoid overly large Word files, however, before closing a file for the
day, I do deselect the fast save option and then do my final save.

There's another side effect to Fast Saves. Many programs which claim to read
Word-formatted files can't read "Fast Save" files.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124