Converting IBM Script to PC software

Subject: Converting IBM Script to PC software
From: David Lenoir <DavidaL423 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 18:37:35 -0400

Dear Techwr-L Members:

My company wants to convert its corporate standards and procedures manual
from mainframe software (IBM Script) to other software, probably PC-based.

I am part of a project team that is researching information on software
packages, such as electronic publishing, desktop publishing, or word
processing packages.

Here are some of the required elements that we are looking for:

xneeds to be able to handle large documents (our manual has 670+ pages, 18
chapters)
xneeds to be accessible company-wide to PC and mainframe users (Mac too if
possible)
xusers need to be able to print full manual, single chapters, or just single
page
xusers also need to be able to view it online
xneed to do searches for keywords (like we can in WordPerfect)
xneed automatic table of contents, index, cross-references across chapters

We already have demos for Doc-to-Help and WordPerfect Envoy but would like to
have information on other software before deciding. We have also just
started researching FrameMaker and Lotus Notes. Wordperfect is what we
normally use for documentation.

Would any of you know of (or know someone who knows) any software packages
that could convert IBM script easily?

Your ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David