Political Correctness-OED def.

Subject: Political Correctness-OED def.
From: douglas_thayer <douglas_thayer -at- SMTPLINK -dot- SYSCOM -dot- COM -dot- TW>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 10:43:04 LCL

From the China Post, June 5, 1995:

"The Concise OED defines PC as 'the avoidance of forms of expression
that exclude, marginalize, or insult racial or cultural minorities.'"

By my reading, this means that someone who is actively "POLITICALLY INCORRECT"
makes a habit of excluding, marginalizing, or insulting others. I fail to see
how anybody could take pride in such behavior. But then, I never could
understand conservative Christians.

Douglas Thayer
<douglas_thayer -at- smtplink -dot- syscom -dot- com -dot- tw>
Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China

Subject: Re: Political Correctness
Author: @TWNMOE10.Edu.TW:TECHWR-L -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET at smtplink-syscom
Date: 6/5/95 8:35 AM

Which reminds me...I've *GOT* to get one of those buttons that says, in
bold white on red letters: POLITICALLY INCORRECT (I'm a conservative
Christian--definitely politically incorrect!)

David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/index.html