Compact OED

Subject: Compact OED
From: George Hayhoe <GFHayhoe -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 09:32:27 -0400

I got my Compact Edition of the OED as a sign-up bonus from the Book of the
Month Club when I was in grad school back in 1974 for $1. Of course, it's the
original OED, not the recently updated edition. Would love to get that one as
cheaply--or even for the $100 that Joanna Sheldon paid!

I've never really used it on the job, but I love to read the entries. And now
that I wear bifocals, I don't even need the magnifier. (Who says age doesn't
have its advantages?)

--George Hayhoe (GFHayhoe -at- aol -dot- com)