Re: OED - do you need?

Subject: Re: OED - do you need?
From: "Pickett-Harner, Molly" <mop1 -at- NIORDS1 -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 16:19:00 EST

Do you <need> it?
To succeed professionally -- mayhaps no.
To enhance your professional (& personal) knowledge -- yes.

I used & enjoyed my OED (2-vol version: Bk of Month Club) until my daughter
*borrowed* it 2 years ago. (How could I refuse to thus encourage her toward
wordsmithery?) Now am bargaining w/husband for the CD version as a combined
Birthday, Anniversary, Valentine Day, Ground Hog Day, & general
because-am-such-a-great-companion present....

Molly Pickett-Harner
mop1 -at- niords1 -dot- em -dot- cdc -dot- gov
harner -at- access -dot- mountain -dot- net

A book [or CD?] is good company. It is full of conversation without
loquacity. It comes to your longing with full instruction, but pursues you
never." (Henry Ward Beecher)