Political Correctness

Subject: Political Correctness
From: "Dodge, Merrill SLC" <MDodge -at- SLCPO2 -dot- SLC -dot- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 16:15:00 MDT

Douglas Thayer (douglas_thayer -at- smtplink -dot- syscom -dot- com -dot- tw) wrote:

> "The Concise OED defines PC as 'the avoidance of forms of expression
> that exclude, marginalize, or insult racial or cultural minorities.'"

> By my reading, this means that someone who is actively "POLITICALLY
INCORRECT"
> makes a habit of excluding, marginalizing, or insulting others. I fail to
see
> how anybody could take pride in such behavior. But then, I never could
> understand conservative Christians.

Douglas has shown that he is guilty of POLITICALLY INCORRECTNESS because he
has perfectly excluded, marginalized and insulted all conservative
Christians, simply because he doesn't understand them.

How Douglas defines "conservative Christian" is not mentioned, but I guess
it doesn't need to be for anyone who holds prejudices against them.

Perhaps that is a better working definition of Politically Correct: Someone
with the same prejudices as yourself.

Merrill Dodge
gmd -at- unislc -dot- slc -dot- unisys -dot- com