Time with the designers

Subject: Time with the designers
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 00:55:04 -0700

I specialize in situations where the source material is obscure.
Interviewing scientists, engineers, and programmers is a big part of many of
the jobs I work on.

Sometimes everyone who may have known the answers I need has gone on to
other things. Then I have to go back to sources--program listings, logic
diagrams, even binary files. I call it software archaeology.

Writing is usually the easy part. ...RM

Richard Mateosian srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro
Freelance Technical Writer VP, STC Berkeley Chapter