Re: "unreproducible"

Subject: Re: "unreproducible"
From: Daren Deadmond <DDEADMOND -at- NOVELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 15:25:05 -0600

My American Heritage Dictionary (1991 ) spells a similar word,
"producible" (look under the word "produce"). Based on this, I'd think
that "unreproducible" would follow the same spelling convention. But, as
you know, English isn't always conventional!

Daren
ddeadmond -at- novell -dot- com
Tech Writer & Fly Fisherman (though not simultaneously)

>>> Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM> 08
Jun 95 1241 >>>
I've got a great programmer-generated error message, "Requested item
contained on unreproducible media." Of course, it refers to only a single
medium, so that's wrong, and I'm trying to decide whether to fight that
battle, which pops up all over the program, this late in the release cycle,
but I'm also stymied by "unreproducible." The Frame spell-checker
chokes on it and all of its variants, and, of course it's not in my dictionary
because they can't list every "ible" and "able" word, and undoubtedly
quote some rules somewhere that still won't give me a rock-solid
certainty.

So I'm turning to my fellow writers, many of whom are more erudite than
I.

What do you think, y'all?

Thanks

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com