PC or Not PC

Subject: PC or Not PC
From: Kelly Burhenne <burhennk -at- SMTPGW -dot- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 10:24:52 EST

Text item: Text_1

Question: should the Indian_tribe database field be changed to Native
American?

Answer (IMHO): I believe it should be changed, but not to Native
American. I think the question really is, why are they using that term
at all? Unless it is entirely relevant to the field, why not use
something generic? There are plenty of inanimate objects to choose
from.

I think that is the point of the sexy woman discussion as well. Nobody
has anything against sexy women (or Indian tribes), but WHY are we
using these terms in these instances that DO NOT call for it.

As far as the Men/Equipment button, that's common sense. Change it.

Just my HO,

Kelly Burhenne
burhennk -at- liebert -dot- com
Columbus, OH