Whoops! Here's explanation re: my proposal of alt.winhelp newsgroups

Subject: Whoops! Here's explanation re: my proposal of alt.winhelp newsgroups
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 09:03:47 -0400

What I did was post to (if memory serves) alt.config, where you're
supposed to present proposals for new alt-hierarchy newsgroups, *and* to
bit.listserv.techwr-l. Posting to the latter is identical to posting to
this list(*), which I'm subscribed to anyhow. I should have mentioned *in*
the posting *how* the posting got onto this list.

(*) From what I've seen, however, the reverse is not always true. Don't
know why.

Apologies to anyone who found the language of that posting somewhat
stiff, or who simply wondered what the heck was going on.

I have received some feedback on the idea of an alt.winhelp newsgroup
family, feedback that jibed with my own thinking re: covering different
platforms and raw-source formats (RTF, IPF, HTML, et al). Look in the
near future for a new posting from me, to techwr-l and winhlp-l among
other fora, on this subject.

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org