Re: What to call the beige box...

Subject: Re: What to call the beige box...
From: Howard <howardg -at- SAVVY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 10:51:14 -0400

>>My mother-in-law calls the beige box the "hard drive," too.
That seems to be a common approach by people just learning. I
was taught to call it the CPU. However, the CPU takes up even
less room inside the box than the hard drive. What then, would
be an appropriate name to call the thing?

In a training class, I briefly explain what's in the box, then just call
it "the box." The audience gets it, and we move on.

--Howard howardg -at- savvy -dot- com