Re: In Defense of Salary History

Subject: Re: In Defense of Salary History
From: Grace Joely Beatty <TALKLIST -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 20:45:54 -0400

Chris,

I beg to differ on this subject of the applicant indicating salary history. I
think that the company offering the position should indicate the salary range
being offered. Surely they have a specific range in mind... This way, someone
making 50K will not apply for a job offered at 30K and everyone will be saved
a lot of time and effort. My more cynical side, of course, believes that
companies do not indicate salary range because the real goal is to hire a
very qualified person at a minimum rate rather than paying a "good day's pay
for a good day's work."

I'm an independent consultant and author so I don't deal with this issue
personally, but it has always annoyed me that companies follow this
procedure.

Joely Beatty

Please send personal replies to EmpressGJB -at- aol -dot- com so they don't get lost in
my mailing list mail.

June 12, 1995
10:07 am