Re: WWW job sites -- perused last night -- MA happening for TW's!

Subject: Re: WWW job sites -- perused last night -- MA happening for TW's!
From: Nancy Paisner <nancy -at- HI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 13:53:26 EDT

The answer is simple - education. The first high-tech center in the
country, before most people had even heard of Silicon Valley, was on
Rte. 128 around Boston, and the reason was MIT, pure and simple. MIT
is still here, as well as a lot of other good schools. People (like
myself, I might add) come to the Boston area for school and decide
it's a nice place to live. MIT graduates decide they like it and set
up high-tech companies here.

The 'Taxachusetts' label was applied around 10 years ago and has
stuck, even though I've read that many states have caught up to and
surpassed Mass. in that regard. I have no numbers to prove it one way
or the other, but I think living here is worth my taxes.

Nancy

Nancy Paisner email: nancy -at- hi -dot- com
Hitachi Computer Products voice: (617) 890-0444
Waltham, MA. fax: (617) 890-4998