Re: Using "things" in prose

Subject: Re: Using "things" in prose
From: Bill Burns <WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 10:32:46 MDT

Barbara says:

>> I have a THING against using THINGS in my prose.

>> What's your opinion?

When I can find a more specific term, I use it. THING is too vague in many
instances. I DO like to use the word THINGY (but not in my formal work, of
course).

Bill Burns *
Assm. Technical Writer/Editor * LIBERTY, n. One of imagination's most
Micron Technology, Inc. * precious possessions.
Boise, ID *
WBURNS -at- VAX -dot- MICRON -dot- COM * Ambrose Bierce