Re: Re. moving docs entirely online?

Subject: Re: Re. moving docs entirely online?
From: Nora Merhar <MERHAR -at- ALENA -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 12:07:37 CDT

I have another good reason not to use only online help. If the system goes
down or freezes up, there's no way to access the online help to figure out
how to restart it, or troubleshoot, or whatever. Many of you, I know, work only
on software, but we document both hardware (Automatic Call Distributors) and
software. If our systems go down, it can mean a significant loss of money (or in
the case of our E-911 system, lives) in a matter of minutes.

So I think troubleshooting must exist either on paper, or in an online (CD-ROM?)
completely separate from the system it documents.

Nora
merhar -at- edsvcs -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com