Re: Beige Box

Subject: Re: Beige Box
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 12:24:45 PST

Someone wrote (I had my mailer set to NOMAIL so I've no idea who
said the following):

> > Engineers tended to call it a "chassis" or use a variation of
> > chassis, such as PC Chassis and Computer Chassis.

And then Matt Ion responded:

> Hey, I kinda like that :) Perhaps this should be added to the Official

Actually, when I worked at hardware companies, we called the "beige
box" a chassis when it was empty of boards and other circuitry. Once
it was "filled up" it became a "grown up" (<grin>) and was called a
computer...

But anyways, *is* there a TechWhirler's Computer Glossary?

...sue
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com