Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 15 Jun 1995 to 16 Jun 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 15 Jun 1995 to 16 Jun 1995
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 1995 13:03:46 -0400

Barbara Hallnan wrote:

>We all love getting our sacred prose edited.
>I'm currently being edited, and my editor changed:

> (example deleted)

> I have a THING against using THINGS in my prose.

> What's your opinion?

Two opinions, actually, and a piece of advice.

(Opinion 1)
YOUR version reads better, is clearer, is less clumsy, etc.

(Opinion 2)
This looks like a *control* issue, rather than a real
difference of professional opinion.

(Advice)
Save your energy for battles on more important issues.
Compromise on this one by accepting your editor's rewrite
but changing 'things' to 'tasks' or 'activities'.

Hope this helps.

@Kat
- view sig with monospaced font & 60char screen window -

Kat Nagel LIFE1 (techwriting) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork LIFE2 (music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

/| FROM A RECENT CONVERSATION: Never, *never*
\'o.O' anthropomorphize computers. They don't like
=(___)= it, and the little suckers get *vindictive*!
U _____anonymous (by request) techwriter