Re: Technical Writer Groups and Publications

Subject: Re: Technical Writer Groups and Publications
From: frees -at- CASTLE -dot- NET
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 19:29:59 PDT

In article <3s4kmg$22m -at- news -dot- cis -dot- att -dot- com>, <erob -at- pinky -dot- castle -dot- net>
writes:
> I'm interested in improving my skills as a technical writer. As a
way of
> accomplishing this goal, I thought it might be useful to join a
technical
> writers group and subscribe to a publication devoted to this area.

> Does anyone know of any technical writer groups that meet in the
central New
> Jersey area? How about a magazine or other publication specifically
or in part
> addressing the field of technical writing?

Ed,
There is an Society for Technical Communications (STC) group in
Central New Jersey; I believe it meets usually in Parsippany. I'm a
member so I'll bring some info in next Monday at our usual meeting.

Frank