Re: PageMaker Pitfall

Subject: Re: PageMaker Pitfall
From: Emily Sopensky <ESIris -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 17:16:47 -0400

Kelly,

I use PageMaker a lot as well as FrameMaker and Word. While I have done
manuals in PageMaker, it is a PAGE layout software. That means it is
page-oriented and not document-oriented-- less than ideal for creating
manuals. Cross-referencing, working with footnotes, etc. are more or less
manual operations with PageMaker. However, PageMaker's ability to work with
graphics is superb.

The advice that you've already rec'd on getting a graphic into the document
is helpful. Might I elaborate on how I think your document was set up by your
predecessor? It sounds as if that person cut and paste each page
individually instead of making the whole thing one story. Use Cmd-E to look
at the story in Edit mode. If you only have one page of text in the editor,
then your predecessor broke up the text--for whatever reason.

Are you importing a graphic without using the Text tool? Having the Text
Wrap tool on is useful, but look at how you are using your graphics too.

Hope that helps a little.

Emily
esiris -at- aol -dot- com