NON-DELIVERY of: Re: ONLINE DOC BUT NO PAPER

Subject: NON-DELIVERY of: Re: ONLINE DOC BUT NO PAPER
From: Lotus -dot- M -dot- a -dot- i -dot- l -dot- Exchange -at- TESSPO-VA -dot- SMTRW -dot- LANGATE -dot- SPRINT -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 07:48:00 -0400

--MCyX2EpKasIPbcuMlHY3EXD1ohCEbBv6

Delivery Failure Report

Your document:
Re: ONLINE DOC BUT NO PAPER
could not be delivered to:
Ronni Perry -at- CRWMS at DL-Notes -at- DL_CCMAIL
because:
MailEx0010: cc:Mail user name too long.
Routing path:
DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2,DLLN2

________________________

--MCyX2EpKasIPbcuMlHY3EXD1ohCEbBv6

RFC-822-Headers:
Comments: Warning -- original Sender: tag was news -at- BUBBA -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Comments: To: techwr-l -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu

--MCyX2EpKasIPbcuMlHY3EXD1ohCEbBv6

Well, I don't have any research, but I do have personal experience.

Last year I worked in a Western Australian government department
that used Microsoft Office products. However, there was one departmental
paper copy of the Word manual for over 400 people.

This was jealously guarded and frequently used. Because I was
the only tech writer there, people would ask me how to do
something if they couldn't find/didn't have time to wait for
the paper manual. One person had a copy hidden in his drawer
(I think he bought it!). If I didn't have time, I'd suggest
that they use the on-line manual. I was the only one who could
be bothered using on-line help, and I worked in the IT department.

I *like* paper. I can look at it when the system is down, when
the screen locks up, or without dismissing a dialog box to display
help. I can use Post It notes or fingers to mark pages. I can look
at several pages at once.

I still like on-line help - but only for quick solutions.

IMHO,

%-)

/anne...

--MCyX2EpKasIPbcuMlHY3EXD1ohCEbBv6--