To All My Invisible Friends

Subject: To All My Invisible Friends
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CCN -dot- CS -dot- DAL -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 16:51:10 -0300

Thanks so much, all of you, for letting me know I'm alive and well on the
list. For those of you who asked, "What is a Roncaism?" here is my reply.

"Roncaism" is a term coined by friends of a woman with last name Ronca who
had (and still has but not as often) the habit of saying things like
these (see below) spontaneously & sincerely. They didn't seem to fit
under any other category (e.g., malapropism), so we coined them Roncaisms.
That's pronounced Ron'-ka-ism.

You always cease to amaze me.
Your face could sink a thousand ships.
I needed that money to put air in my tires.
She was on the verge of her seat.
It's peachy dory.
This could really be the jumping stone.
He has too much under his plate.
She was driving like a dart out of hell.
I feel a little eerie.

(etc., etc.)

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- ccn -dot- cs -dot- dal -dot- ca>
"Just look at the breeze!"
-- Roncaism of the Week --