Re: Motivating/awarding co-workers for edits...

Subject: Re: Motivating/awarding co-workers for edits...
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 09:01:47 PDT

Paul Carman writes:
> I was curious if any of you have any sort of motivational/award system
> for rewarding your co-workers for the edits they provide.

Saying "thank you" helps. Taking their work seriously helps.
Editing THEIR work with the same level of care they gave yours is
a good idea.

In general, I've never seen much resistance to appeals for editing.
Everybody wants the group's work to be something to be proud of,
and everyone understands that authors need their work edited,
because they can't see their own errors.

-- Robert