boom - Health advisory

Subject: boom - Health advisory
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 07:45:08 -0700

If you need corrective lenses for working at a monitor, I think the
best thing is to get glasses that are just for that.

It is very common for people to have one pair of glasses just for
working at the monitor, and another pair (bifocal, if needed), or
contacts, for all other needs, including reading and driving . This
seems to work out much better than trifocals.

I am bifocal horizontally: I am myopic; my right lens corrects for
distance, and my left lens is for reading. I have been wearing these
for more than ten years, during which I used workstations most of my
work hours. I am due for another correction in the near-vision lens,
and that may lead to getting a pair of glasses for monitor work.


Previous by Author: Word flush right enquiry: thanks
Next by Author: Re: boom - Health advisory
Previous by Thread: Biomedical communication workshops-Sept/Montreal
Next by Thread: Re: boom - Health advisory

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads