Re: Motivating Technical

Subject: Re: Motivating Technical
From: Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 21:41:49 GMT

In article <199507020359 -dot- XAA00142 -at- mx -dot- smtp -dot- psi -dot- net>,
Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com> wrote:

>Mentioning to their supervisor that they have done a good job on the review,
>especially if you can point out a nice point, will help. Things that you
>might mention are responding promptly, adding technical information, and
>being cooperative. It doesn't quite equal pizza, but it works too.

Mention it to them, too. Sometimes, a letter to their supervisor (cc to
your supervisor and to the reviewer) also does wonders. I've been on the
receiving end of that kind of courtesy, and it helps. I've been much more
willing to put in the extra work the next time the group wanted something
done.

Nancy Hayes (nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov)