Peeve/Bandwidth/Love/Ensure/Conventions/Help/HTML/Servers/Certifi cation

Subject: Peeve/Bandwidth/Love/Ensure/Conventions/Help/HTML/Servers/Certifi cation
From: Steve English <ink -at- MICROS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 10:10:50 -0400

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 10:54:00 PDT
From: Garret Romaine <GRomaine -at- MSMAIL -dot- RADISYS -dot- COM>
Subject: Re: Hogging Bandwidth... Am not!

we are, after all, WRITERS.
For your $2 a day, you're not going to get a top ten list of the most
poignant, on-topic utterings from across the land.
^^^^^^^^

Yo, WRITER: I feel confident in ASSURING you that the word you meant to
use, in order to ENSURE that your meaning was clear, is "piquant". You
can VERIFY this in any dictionary that follows STANDARD CONVENTIONS.
I realize I may be accused of nitpicking, but it's just my LOVE FOR
THE CRAFT, and the fact that I CAME FROM ANOTHER FIELD, after answering
AN AD THAT DID NOT SPECIFY A DTP PACAKAGE, that makes me want to speak up.

To avoid problems like this, we need a volunteer to create a thesaurus
program, written in FRAME, but ported to DOC-TO-HELP or WINHELP, and
operating from a SERVER (whatever that is), that has internal FILE
MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES LIKE WP 5.1, which can later be used as part
of the CERTIFICATION PROGRAM for tech writers.

And now, for no apparent reason, I will use the abbreviation HTML.

HTML.

Just my $0.02 worth, plus $1.98 for tolerance.

Steve English

I do not speak for my employers, and boy are they relieved.

` Your doc here- ` ______` / | / )