Re: Hogging Bandwidth... Am not!

Subject: Re: Hogging Bandwidth... Am not!
From: mpriestley -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 15:12:42 EDT

Garret Romaine writes:
>>This morning's TECHWR-L digest required nearly 25 minutes to download from
>>America Online on the 2400 baud line available in my hometown ... blah blah
>blah

>I'm getting really good at deleting messages like this one. To me, it is
>simply whining at one level. At another level, it is censorship. You're
>telling me to stop talking because I'm costing you money. That only makes me

No, he's telling people to stop quoting entire messages in their replies
because it costs him money.

George Hayhoe objected to two things:

1) resending the entire digest to the list

2) including lengthy quotes from the message you respond to

In other words, eliminate redundant information from the list. Why this
triggered your anticensorship tirade is beyond me. Did you actually read
beyond the first sentence of his post?

Michael Priestley
mpriestley -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com
Disclaimer: speaking on my own behalf, not IBM's.