Context-sensitivity w/ Frame Help?

Subject: Context-sensitivity w/ Frame Help?
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 17:22:00 LCL

Hello,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com an All am 12

aa> Does anyone have direct experience with creating
aa> context-sensitive
aa> links in an application for Frame Help files?

perhaps we should define a few terms, before we jump into the discussion:

- Framemaker is a multi-platform tool. On which platform do you run it?

- "Context sensitive" means, that you write a hypertext document that can be
entered through an application program. On which platform will that program
work?

If the application will work on OS/2 or MS-Windows platforms, you are quite
lucky: Both operation systems have support for context-sesitive help built in.
That means, that the programmers have a complete API (application program
internface) they are supposed to use and the operating system will protect you
from any details like the programming tools the programmers use.

In both cases you need some Framemaker additions, that support the creation of
Winhelp compiler or IPF input files.

Sorry, that's no answer for your problem, but it might help to ask the right
questions.

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander