JoAnn Hackos' book - good?

Subject: JoAnn Hackos' book - good?
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:06:30 +0800

Bill Bledsoe said:

> Just recently took JoAnn Hackos' class on how to manage documentation and
> instructional design projects...
> ...JoAnn has published a book about the
> subject, it is called: Managing Your Documentation Projects, published by
> John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 0-471-59099-1. I would highly recommend it (and
> I have no affiliation with the book or the class other than attending the
> class and reading the book). It really covers how you should manage your
> projects in a professional, organized manner.

Techwr-philiacs -

I'm the lone documenter for a small software company. It's likely that
I'll have other staff or contractors working for me in the next year
or two. I'd like to set things up properly so that I can keep several
projects ticking over and still have time to do a lot of writing, which
is the part I like the best.

Is this the right book for me? I'm mainly interested in documentation and
not 'instructional design'. I've heard good things about JoAnn's course,
but I really want your thoughts on the book. The boss is unlikely to send
me to the U.S. to attend the course :^(

Thank you.
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Fax: +61 9 328 8616
PO Box 192
Leederville, Western Australia, 6903