Comments on Weiss' two-spread manual ?

Subject: Comments on Weiss' two-spread manual ?
From: "Veerle.Kerstens" <vkersten -at- HPSWS -dot- UIA -dot- AC -dot- BE>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:41:27 +0200

Hello everybody,

I'm a student in library and information sciences in Belgium and I need
to write users documentation for a database program, used in libraries. I
have been reading some literature about usable manuals, also the book
"How to write a usable users manual" from Edmond Weiss. I found however
no comment on his approach in journal articles, specially on the two-spread
modular design he proposes. I wonder what I
should conclude: didn't he have any influence, (in the contrary of f.e.
J. Caroll's minimal manual) or didn't I find the right literature ?
Has anyone of you experience with his approach, or comments ? Does it work ?

Thanks for your information and comments.

Veerle Kerstens
Information and library sciences
UIA University of Antwerp
vkersten -at- hpsws -dot- uia -dot- ac -dot- be