Job opening--Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Subject: Job opening--Montreal, Quebec, Canada
From: Cathy McNair <cmcnair -at- SPICER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 11:18:32 -0400

Direct all queries and applications to Discreet Logic, but please tell them
the Employment Manager of STC, Southwestern Ontario chapter sent you.

------------------------------
DISCREET LOGIC

Discreet Logic is a developer of resolution-independent systems for special
effects in file, video, HDTV and interactive game development. The company
provides a complete system that merges the two worlds of traditional and
digital technology, in order to meet the needs of today's creative industry,
with an outlook towards the future.

With the enthusiastic participation of our clients, who include some of the
world's leading film and video post-production companies, we are redefining
the production environment. Our new generation of digital tools, FLAME(TM)
and FLINT(TM), are being used for commercials, rock videos by artists such
as the Rolling Stones, and films such as True Lies, Speed, Terminal
Velocity, Forrest Gump, Star Trek: Generations, Batman Returns and Appollo 13.

In order to help us with our continued growth, we seek high-calibre
professionals to fill the following positions:

TECHNICAL WRITER

You will write and update User Guides and other manuals (Installation
guides, Release Notes,...) for post-production software.

* 3 years experience as a Technical Writer for computer software/hardware
manuals.
* Excellent English writing skills.
* Good organizational skills.
* Ability to assimilate large amounts of information.
* Knowledge of video post-production and FrameMaker is an asset.

TECHNICAL ILLUSTRATOR

You will participate in the illustration and layout of all documentation.

* 2 years experience in illustration/layout design for computer
software/hardware manuals.
* Good graphic design skills.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Good knowledge of FrameMaker and Photoshop.

Please send your resume to:

DISCREET LOGIC
Human Resources
5505 St-Laurent Blvd., Suite 5200