Re: Company Wide Change from WP to Word

Subject: Re: Company Wide Change from WP to Word
From: Gwen Barnes <gwen -dot- barnes -at- MUSTANG -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:51:58 GMT

-> One major overall complaint follows...
->
-> Master Documents do not work! I have lost work in testing

And forget about using them in Win95 if you're on a Novell network. They
worked great up to build 480, and broke after that. Doesn't seem like a
fix is high on the priority list before relase now, either.

Also note that while the NT version of Word 6 does not appear to have
this problem, you will have to choose between this and RoboHelp, at
least for the present. I went back to the non-NT version and am coping.

-> The Underground Guide to Word for Windows, by Woody Leonhard,
-> published by Addison-Wesley. This is a must read. It explains the
-> why behind most of the features in Word. It's the first step to
-> becoming a Word freak.

Highly recommended. It's an excellent book and a fun read. Try out some
of the bugs he mentioned -- some are hilarious.

-> I haven't seen this. I am not brave enough to use Beta for
-> production publications.

Oh, I dunno ... I kinda like the fact that the beta version of the
application I'm documenting is often the most stable, polished thing
I'm running. Win 95 is way cool.

Cheers, @DISCLAIMER@
Gwen gwen -dot- barnes -at- mustang -dot- com
http://www.mustang.com ftp://ftp.mustang.com
MSI * Connecting the world 805-873-2500