Re: Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Technical Writing
From: "Scott, Vester" <vscott -at- RPSPO1 -dot- ATLANTAGA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 09:20:00 PDT

Great suggestion, Dave
I had forgotten how well that worked for me years ago.
Regards,
-Vester
----------
From: permar
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Thursday, July 13, 1995 10:56AM

You've started well to put the question on the InterNet.
I have fashioned a "skunkworks" publishing effort in my company (employer).
Pick an unqualified, value-added writing/publishing project to do "in
house,"
even if you have to subsidize the effort by "volunteering" some (hopefully,
not
all) your time and technology (workstation, and so on). The objective is
produce output(s) that you can leverage in the larger market place.
This has worked for me . . . up to the point that I now have to close
deals
and manage. This phase may be more difficult, since I am not intuitively
good
at marketing.
Anyway, consider the skunkworks approach, if you haven't already developed
products and needed relationships.

Dave Permar
Small Business Insights
permar -at- ibm -dot- net