Re: MS WORD MACRO PUZZLER

Subject: Re: MS WORD MACRO PUZZLER
From: "Sevigny, Josee" <joseey -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 15:09:46 -0400

Hi Dee,

First, there a number of problems with the macro:
- The Yes/No set of radio buttons are unnecessary as the OK and Cancel
buttons can perform what you seem to want to acheive.
- If the Installation bookmark does not exist, your macro fails.
- I don't understand why you add the YES or NO in the document in addition
to the comment, but if that's what you want, it should still be handled
through the OK and Cancel buttons.
- By going back to the start of the macro, you are redefining the empty
dialog, which causes your dialog to be empty.

Solutions:
- remove Yes/No buttons.
- define your dialog to call a function where all the handling takes place:
Begin Dialog UserDialog 550(174, "Installation...", fDlgHandler
- verify that bookmark exists, if not display message.
- in fDlgHandler, when the user clicks OK, you:
1. verify the lenght of entered comment
2. if too long, display message and loop
3. if OK, goto bookmark..., and insert comment.

I hope this helps but if you need more info, either write again or call me.
\\|//
(o o)
Josee Sevigny Technical Writer
M3i Systems Inc., Longueuil, QC
e-m joseey -at- m3isystems -dot- qc -dot- ca
Tel (514) 928-4600
Fax (514) 328-8785