Re: scroll bar techniques

Subject: Re: scroll bar techniques
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 1995 16:43:11 -0400

Brian wrote:
(3) Random pan - click and drag the indicator along the scroll bar to
view specific areas of the graph. (for example, move the indicator to
the center of the scroll bar to view the middle portion of the graph).

It really isn't a *random* pan. Random
implies that you pan without any clue of what will show up on the
screen. Unfortunately, I can think of a word or two to describe what
is actually occurring.

Can anyone help?

I'd call them:

'column scroll'
'page scroll' or 'screen scroll'
'custom scroll' (note: it is NOT 'random')

Hope this helps.

- view sig with monospaced font & 60char screen window -

Kat Nagel LIFE1 (techwriting) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork LIFE2 (music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

\'o.O' (original quote was w/o attribution)
=(___)= "If you are not part of the solution,
U you are part of the precipitate"

Previous by Author: HUMOR in today's TECHWR-L Digest
Next by Author: Re: substitute term for 'hand-holding'
Previous by Thread: Re: Self-education to break into software doc employment
Next by Thread: Re: substitute term for 'hand-holding'

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads