Re: WORD: Amber or Yellow

Subject: Re: WORD: Amber or Yellow
From: Robert Whitsitt <rwhitsit -at- TEACHERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 22:45:50 PDT

>Okay, this one is for all you current and ex-military types out
>there. I'm reading a users guide for a work planning database.
>One of the db fields is called Status, and the values are Red,
>Amber, or Green. My question: Why Amber? What in the blazes
>is wrong with Yellow?

<snip>

Maybe amber is less likely to be misinterpreted? (See the next paragraph.)
But if the choices are red, green, and whatever the other color is, I don't
see how anyone could confuse them, especially since the miliary screens for
color blind people. Maybe I'd understand it if I had been in the military.

It makes me crazy that the line in the center of the road is called
"yellow." It's a lot more like orange, in my opinion, not at all the color
of a ripe banana.

Happy late Friday night!

Regards,
Bob
---
Robert Whitsitt (bob -dot- whitsitt -at- teachersoft -dot- com)
Member: Society for Technical Communication