our relationship to the bottom line/certification

Subject: our relationship to the bottom line/certification
From: "Cepek, Marta" <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 1995 16:51:42 -0400

Amy Smith wrote:

>BTW, college degrees are good for things other than certification. I'm
>enrolled in a master's degree program for tech writing. I'm going not
>because I have to, but because I want to.

>Sometimes it's the journey that counts, not the destination.

You're absolutely right. That is the *best* reason to go back to school and
get a degree.
I honestly don't think a degree will get you more money (it might; on the
other hand, if the company you work for has an incentive program in place,
they might pay your tuition for university-level (work-related only!) passed
courses -- they do where I work).

I'd love to go back to school and get an MA in TW. Maybe I will... But for
your reasons, not for the wallpaper or for delusions about getting better pay.

Cheers!
Marta