Re: cliches

Subject: Re: cliches
From: Roy Jacobsen <Roy_Jacobsen -dot- GPS -at- GPS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 10:58:45 EDT

So, what do you say instead of "on the fly?" Maybe it's a cliche, but does it
do it's job? Does the reader understand what you mean?

Just asking.

Roy Jacobsen
rjacobse -at- gps -dot- com
[insert clever disclaimer here]

Author: INTERNET:katnagel @ EZNET -dot- NET -at- CISHUB

Tammy Hale wrote:
-------
As an editor, I've come across incredibly annoying
cliches. I can't use them in my seminar because the writers of those cliches
will be in the audience. One of the worst ones was "When you're creating a
popmenu *on the fly..*" Yuck!
-------

Anybody else cursed with a visually literal imagination? I immediately got a
mental image of someone positioning a mouse cursor over the tail end of a large
dipteran. One firm press of the button yields a 5-item command menu. Angry
buzzing in the background.

@Kat
- view sig with monospaced font & 60char screen window -

Kat Nagel LIFE1 (techwriting) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork LIFE2 (music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

/| SEEN ON THE 'NET (quoted w/o attribution):
\'o.O'
=(___)= "If you are not part of the solution,
U you are part of the precipitate"