"Such as" incorrect?

Subject: "Such as" incorrect?
From: Dan 'Fergus' Roberts <droberts -at- PANIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 06:26:41 -0400

: Just one of my pet peeves, using "like" when "such as" is proscribed. I
: thought it
: ironic coming from a contracter that hires technical writers.

In a completely *un*related vein.....
An English professor once explained to me why the phrase "nouns such as
noun, noun, noun" was incorrect and "such nouns as noun, noun, noun" was
correct.

Can anyone here grasp the difference and explain it to me?
Thanks.
--
-----
Dan 'Fergus' Roberts