Re: SGML source control tools

Subject: Re: SGML source control tools
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 10:55:52 EDT

Phil Cohen asks...

> Does anyone know of any software tools suitable for controlling changes to
> SGML source, and also for controlling review copies (on paper) of the
documents?

Phil, I would check with Electronic Book Technologies, Texcel and XSoft. XSoft
I know has a workflow management system set up to process SGML data. Texcel, I
believe, also has such a system, and EBT is working on DynaBase, an
object-oriented SGML database that will support some pretty amazing
collaborative authoring/reviewing/workflow management applications.

If you have access to the Web, you can get info on these companies from
www.sgmlopen.org, the home page (designed by my company, he grinned) for SGML
Open, the industry consortium. Another good source of information on these
topics is Robin Cover's SGML bibliography at www.sil.org. Feel free to send
me email if you have other questions.

Best regards,

/chet

Chet Ensign
Director of Electronic Documentation
Logical Design Solutions
571 Central Avenue http://www.lds.com
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
908-771-9221 [Phone] 908-771-0430 [FAX]