uuencoders and deencoders

Subject: uuencoders and deencoders
From: Caryn Rizell <74732 -dot- 3127 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 18:25:36 EDT

Hi!

Is anyone familiar with uuencoding? I would like to send and receive files over
the internet, but am having problems because most internet services only allow
you to send text files. I would like to send and receive .tif and .doc files.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Someone I talked with mentioned using uuencode, but I have never used that, and
I don't know how to deencode once I receive a uuencoded file. If this isn't the
right forum for this, can someone direct me to the proper place for help on
this?

Thanks.

Caryn Rizell
74732 -dot- 3127 -at- compuserve -dot- com

PS I'm also curious: how do you create signature files so you don't always
have to type that info each time?