Olga Spam

Subject: Olga Spam
From: "Cepek, Marta" <marta -at- M3ISYSTEMS -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 23:23:46 -0400

Dear techwr-lers

Were you as ticked off about that stupid "Olga" post as I was? Will this
sort of "spamming" become a common occurrence on our list???

>To: probable flamer
>Subject: polite note
> Although Olga has never seen a newsgroup nor heard of "net-etiquette,"
>she believes that offering lonely singles the possibility of romance exceeds
>the cost of angering those who feel the net shouldn't be used in this fashion.
> IHA (I humbly ask) that you not flame the postmaster of this site.

HA!!! If we don't complain to the postmaster of the originating site, the
culprit responsible for this sort of thing will not only get away with it,
but others will spring up and we'll be wading through megabytes of gimmicks
like this. Join me by sending a similar letter to the one I sent below to
POSTMASTER -at- IN -dot- THE -dot- FORMER -dot- USSR -dot- UA

Cheers!
Marta

====== message I sent - send your own version =======

Dear Postmaster

The following message was posted on the techwr-l list, a professional
interest forum for technical writers. This sort of inconsiderate posting is
most inappropriate for our forum. Obviously, the originator of this
message, ROMANCE -at- IN -dot- THE -dot- FORMER -dot- USSR -dot- UA simply spammed a number of user lists
without any thought to its appropriateness. I hope there is some sort of
disciplinary measure that can be taken to prevent this sort of spamming in
the future.

<quote *entire* message, including "please don't complain" plea>