Re. Confessing to boo-boos

Subject: Re. Confessing to boo-boos
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 09:25:09 LCL

Since we're baring our souls here, how about an "almost" boo boo and
one that hopefully no one will ever notice?

1. Almost! In forestry, there are two groups of trees. The tolerant
species are able to grow in the shade beneath other trees (thus,
"shade tolerant"). Now the punchline: FERIC is partially funded by
members of the forest industry, some of whom work entirely in tolerant
hardwood forests. In a draft of a speech, one of our notables chose to
discuss the other side of forestry, and waxed on about the "problems
faced by our intolerant members".

2. Oops! Looking for a snazzy cover photo for our annual report, we
scoured our slide bank until we found a delightful sylvan scene, tall,
straight trees and mossy boulders... the sort of thing you'd love to
dive into and just relax. Unfortunately, as the photographer pointed
out to us when he came back from vacation and saw the printed report,
the photograph was taken in Finland! (Proving, no doubt, that if
you've seen one forest, you've seen them all! <grin... no flames
please... that's self-mockery>

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} <---failed to see the forest for the trees
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: If I didn't commit it in print in one of
our reports, it don't represent FERIC's opinion.