How do we learn Frame?

Subject: How do we learn Frame?
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 10:54:00 EST

Hi all,

Last week our Global Documentation Services department decided to switch from
Wordperfect 5.1/5.2 for Windows to Framemaker on the Macintosh. What is the
best way for our department to learn Framemaker on the Mac? We really don't
have much time here, as we need to get up and running as soon as possible
without losing a lot of writing time.

Should we just read the manual(s)?
Should we take a crash course?
Are there any multimedia lesson plans out there for Frame?
Should we buy a videotape course?

What is the learning curve for Frame? Most of our writers are pretty quick
learners, and know the basics about page layout and design, as well as
Macintosh basics.

Any thoughts/hints/snotty remarks would be greatly appreciated]]]

Regards,
Bill Hartzer
Technical Writer
Global Documentation Services Department
Fischer International Systems Corporation
Naples, Florida USA