Re: Embarrassing boo-boos

Subject: Re: Embarrassing boo-boos
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 00:03:54 GMT

In article <ljshoots-3107951743400001 -at- lshoots -dot- mitre -dot- org>, ljshoots -at- mitre -dot- org (LJ
Shoots) writes:
>I once included the following step in an instruction for using
>a dialog box:

> "3. Type in the desired text, then lick OK or press Enter."

>Made it through the spell checker, of course. All three of the
>reviewers caught it, of course.

I once had a memo go through the spell checker containing the
following sentence: "Non-restrictive clauses should be set off
by comas." Luckily, I noticed it on the way to the photocopier...

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with this
janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | message is the return address.

"Usenet is like Tetris for people who still remember how to read"