short survey on software use

Subject: short survey on software use
From: Kimberly Redick <sg93r4js -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 21:49:45 -0500

Hi gang,

I've been watching the questions about various software with interest. As a
tech writer wannabe, I am trying to figure out what kinds of software I'll
be expected to know once I get into the "real world."
SO...... My advisor and I came up with an independant study: What software
is *really* used by techwriters?

Your input on the following questions (and 5 minutes of your time :) )
would be greatly appreciated. Please respond directly to me at
SG93R4JS -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU -- Thanks in advance.

Kimberly Redick
Drexel University

Software Survey

1. What kind of business do you write for? (on-line doc, user manuals, etc)
2. What software do you use the most? (Frame, Robohelp, etc)
3. How recently and Why was this software chosen?
4. What features of the software are most helpful?
5. What features would you like to see in future versions or a new product
(ideally)?